How to Prepare for Your In-home Session
Preparing your home or office for your massage session doesn't have to be stressful. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Pick a space that is somewhat quiet and/or private if possible with enough room for a massage table and walking space around it.
- Make sure your therapist has a space to step out while you get on/off the table, like a hallway or restroom, preferably with a sink for washing up.
- Dim any lights so your environment is ideal for rest and relaxation.
- Turn your cell phone on silent or vibrate to not interrupt your session.
- If you have children, if possible, schedule your appointment while the kids are away at school or otherwise out of the house.
- If this is your first session with me, I will have you fill out a client intake form. To save time, you may fill it out beforehand.
- If you are receiving a medical massage treatment, you will not have a to disrobe, but I will need to uncover the body region that needs the treatment. It is best to wear a swimsuit or workout gear (sports bra, running shorts, etc) underneath your clothes.